Friday, November 14, 2008

Happy Birthday, Marlies!


We are sending out a big shout to Marlies today on her birthday in Germany. We wish we could be with you, Oma, to celebrate, and spend some time looking through family photo albums and slides. I hope you have a wonderful day celebrating with friends and family members. Much love to Bü, Chris, Heike, Pit, Anna, and everyone who is celebrating the day with Marlies!

I feel so incredibly fortunate to have such wonderful in-laws: it is always a joy to visit and to recall our times together. And Marlies has had an amazing life. She is one of the kindest, most thoughtful, empathetic, and resourceful people I have ever met, very tuned into the feelings of others even across barriers of language. Marlies is an inspiration and a bedrock to everyone in her family.

Here are messages from the grand-children:

Dear Oma, I hope you have a fabulous day. I love and miss you so much...can't wait to see you this summer! Love, Sav

Happy Birthday, Oma! I'm looking forward to seeing you this summer! Maybe I will even speak a bit of Deutsch. Anyway, hope you have a great birthday! Love, Jack

Happy Birthday from Lenni and Andi, too...(your eldest son misses you!)

No comments: