Thursday, May 14, 2009

Morning Trip to Bainbridge Island









Jack and I are in Seattle for a few days, staying at the Edgewater Hotel, where the Beatles stayed on their 1964 trip to the United States. On our first day here we took the ferry across to Bainbridge Island and ate breakfast at the Streamliner Diner, where I ate about 18 years ago on my last trip to the Northwest. It hasn't changed, and is a classic fantastic diner.

It was great to be on a ferry in the early morning, looking at the city, and the island, as they came in to view. This is the Edgewater, also a fantastic place, looking like a big houseboat from the outside.

A funny detail, after yesterday's post about Bathtub IV – yesterday, out the window, in the water, there was a helicopter rescue effort (a practice drill) in real time.

1 comment:

Lyle Daggett said...

A couple of times when I've been in Seattle (just briefly there each time), I've eaten at Ivar's Seafood, a restaurant by the Seattle ferry landing in Elliot Bay. I liked it enough the first time that I went there again the next time.