Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year: Here Comes 2010~!


Making stock and taking stock...the last few hours of 2009. I realize that I miss the daily practice of writing for elenabella.

So I'm renewing my commitment to writing here again, after a long hiatus. It's a new year, a new decade, and time to return to the biologue/blog.

Making Hoppin' John and Collard Greens for a party tonight, using a variation of the recipe found at Mac and Cheese. It's written from a vegetarian/vegan point of view; my version includes some local bacon. For greens, I used collards and beet greens. Loved the idea of adding vinegar (I used raw apple cider vinegar), tamari, and hot sauce.

A lot of contentment in the kitchen. I consider myself fortunate whenever I make a bean broth...so delicious. Vegetable scraps go into the freezer for the next batch. Prosperity means a batch of beans and greens: I like that.

Happy New Year! Here comes 2010...

5 comments:

john k said...

Yum yum!!! Glad to see you here and happy new year!

Lyle Daggett said...

Greetings, Ellen, and Happy New Year!

elena said...

hey, thanks – and here's to a good one!!

Daughter Number Three said...

Welcome back! Yay!

Olive and Oud said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere! It's always a treat to read your thoughts and look at your images.