Monday, March 15, 2010

Savannah Dances to 'Fame'


I've always liked the movie Fame, in part because Maureen Teefy, a fellow student at The Children's Theatre School in Minneapolis (where my sister and I were students for a time) stars in the film. It was fascinating to have experienced acting classes with Maureen, and then to see the story of high school theater students translated to the big screen. Years later, my daughter and my sister's daughter danced to the music down in our basement playroom. Somehow this collage became another interpretation – though it would be hard to tell from the visual components that there is a connection.

This goes out to the former students of The Children's Theatre School  who have been getting together for reunions, reflecting on the creative legacy of those oh-so-formative years.

No comments: