Saturday, March 6, 2010

Shopping trip over at the Etsy store: Amyliz dish cloths and gift tags





Somewhere in central Minnesota lives AmyLiz, an artisan with an Etsy shop. Last week, a set of her sage and jute dish cloths popped up in a photo, and I set off in hot pursuit. I bought the ones below, as well as two irresistible sets of chalk-weathered gift tags: the ladies here, and Thank You tags.

Amyliz also makes handmade wool felt items, and creates special orders. I'll let her speak for herself: 

**A special THANK YOU to Etsy for featuring my sage and jute dish cloth set on the Storque over the weekend! Check it out here, scroll down to the Spring Cleaning section:
http://www.etsy.com/storque/spotlight/etsy-finds-traveling-down-the-greenway-7214/
Update: I am knitting as fast as I can, and will be getting your dish cloths out as quickly as possible! Thank you everyone for your support, I TRULY appreciate it all!

You can check out our other store, HTTP://WWW.AMarketCollection.ETSY.COM
for lots of fun wool felt embellishments, wool felt sheets and moreover....
We would GLADLY combine shipping costs if purchasing from both stores!
Convo me and let me know before purchasing!
I am a proud member of the SSODS (Secret Society of Dirty Sisters) Street Team and CSSTEAM (Cottage Style Street Team)
So, I paid for these with Paypal, bypassing the heftier fees taken from the seller by Visa or Mastercard (see my earlier post on that topic), and today received what always feels like a little gift in the mail.

It's fun to purchase something this way: a bit subversive, more personal, and with the special kick that comes from knowing that in some small way you are supporting a real person and her passion for creation. In this case, hot damn! – a member of the Secret Society of Dirty Sisters, helping me clean up that sink full of dishes. (These dish cloths, which come in many other colors, would also make great face cloths.) That's my consumer advisory for the day, with this disclaimer: No catalogs were created in the marketing of these items.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I am honored to be in the spotlight of your blog! So happy to hear you are pleased with your purchases! I do love to knit! It is a great past-time, especially when the hubby is watching TV!

Thank you so very much for shopping with ME! And again for the lovely 'shout out'!!

elena said...

Love your photo, Amy! Thanks for stopping by elenabella. Gorgeous dish cloths: first time I've ever had those in my life.